Gravenia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Reopening the forums, Go to the topic: Taking over the forums or not!!!
Latest topics
» Gravenia Reloaded
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 pm by friend6000

Taking over the forums or not??? EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 2:02 am by friend6000

» I am back!
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 am by Slayyer2804

» When are the servers online?
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 pm by friend6000

» My cat died :''''(
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:04 am by alfa_overlord(Sven)

» Idea for forum
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 pm by alfa_overlord(Sven)

» Server update.
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:15 am by friend6000

» Plugin suggestions!!!
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 1:33 am by friend6000

» Server update
Taking over the forums or not??? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:25 am by friend6000

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:40 pm by ~~~~

Comments: 1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking over the forums or not???

4 posters

Do you guys want me to take over the website?

Taking over the forums or not??? Vote_lcap100%Taking over the forums or not??? Vote_rcap 100% [ 4 ]
Taking over the forums or not??? Vote_lcap0%Taking over the forums or not??? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Taking over the forums or not??? Thu May 19, 2016 9:32 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

Hey guys, i have a question for you, Owengraven hasn't been online for over 2 years on the forums, so i suggest that i would take over the forums, ofcourse i wont do it without you guys accepting this.
So pleas post below if you accept or not.

Greetings,
alfa_overlord (Sven).

Last edited by alfa_overlord(Sven) on Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Thu May 19, 2016 4:16 pm

~~~~

Yes, please!

I will try to contact some people from the old server.

3Taking over the forums or not??? Empty eh mah gerd Fri May 20, 2016 11:30 pm

friend6000

friend6000

YES YES YES SO MUTCH YES. Been looking for a server like gravenia for ages and still haven't found one. How flippin' awesome would it be to hang around with you guys again! Very Happy  So excited! By the way, if you do end up making the server, PLEASE. Make it have the same plugins as gravenia. As in, a claim system, no factions, maybe sprinkle in a few minigames, but that comes with time. As long as we manage to get back online on a gravenia like server with my old buddies, I'll be happy.
but pls no factions doe i hate dem

EDIT: I can reach Polleidon. I'll try to get in touch with him Smile

4Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Fri May 20, 2016 11:33 pm

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

friend6000 wrote:YES YES YES SO MUTCH YES. Been looking for a server like gravenia for ages and still haven't found one. How flippin' awesome would it be to hang around with you guys again! Very Happy  So excited! By the way, if you do end up making the server, PLEASE. Make it have the same plugins as gravenia. As in, a claim system, no factions, maybe sprinkle in a few minigames, but that comes with time. As long as we manage to get back online on a gravenia like server with my old buddies, I'll be happy.
but pls no factions doe i hate dem
Dw, i hate factions to  Very Happy  minigames will be done for sure.

5Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Fri May 20, 2016 11:47 pm

Polleidon

Polleidon

Hello guys!

I must say that I miss you all! I don't really play Minecraft anymore, not that I don't like it, but I just don't have all that much time to play video games (little up date on my life, I am in college taking a nursing degree, three years from now I'll be a RN Very Happy) although I am more than available to spend time with you all not only here but on the new server if it comes to exist. 

With this being said I won't be all that active untill 24th on june because I'll be doing an internship and it is out of town, that and I'll need to study everyday and do two written works each week. 

Besides this, and like I said, I miss you and I can't wait to hear updates of your lifes! How is everyone doing?!

6Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sat May 21, 2016 12:24 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

im great, im gonna stop school soon and im gonna start on a child farm(idk how to type it XD). i will guide classes and help on the field.

7Taking over the forums or not??? Empty forums take over Sat May 21, 2016 12:29 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

OK guys, im gonna move the forums to my name and email so this is all official.

8Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

ok, ive contacted owen and hes gonna get the administration on my name.

9Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sat May 21, 2016 10:17 am

~~~~

Polleidon wrote:Hello guys!

I must say that I miss you all! I don't really play Minecraft anymore, not that I don't like it, but I just don't have all that much time to play video games (little up date on my life, I am in college taking a nursing degree, three years from now I'll be a RN Very Happy) although I am more than available to spend time with you all not only here but on the new server if it comes to exist. 

With this being said I won't be all that active untill 24th on june because I'll be doing an internship and it is out of town, that and I'll need to study everyday and do two written works each week. 

Besides this, and like I said, I miss you and I can't wait to hear updates of your lifes! How is everyone doing?!

Hello! I'm doing great. School is almost out for summer in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to trap myself in my house for a month or so until I go back to school. Anyway, I can't believe we're all kind of reconnecting right now, which is really great. Hopefully we can put life back into this once prosperous community. What a Face

10Taking over the forums or not??? Empty About the old members Sat May 21, 2016 10:36 am

friend6000

friend6000

You might not remember him, but my cousin (IGN: Titarta) was just as mutch of a fan of the server as I was. I told him we might get back on our feet and he was just as excited as I was when I found out (Sent me a total of 12 smiles. That's pure happiness right there!). With him, we have a total of 5 old gravenia members getting back here. All of them being staff members xD (Titarta was an architect). I MIGHT be able to get jackonell back. But I'd have to go full stalker mode just like I did with Poll. My only contact to him is this forum and an old youtube comment he made on one of my gravenia videos. Maybe he'll see the notification?...

11Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sat May 21, 2016 10:40 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

friend6000 wrote:You might not remember him, but my cousin (IGN: Titarta) was just as mutch of a fan of the server as I was. I told him we might get back on our feet and he was just as excited as I was when I found out (Sent me a total of 12 smiles. That's pure happiness right there!). With him, we have a total of 5 old gravenia members getting back here. All of them being staff members xD (Titarta was an architect). I MIGHT be able to get jackonell back. But I'd have to go full stalker mode just like I did with Poll. My only contact to him is this forum and an old youtube comment he made on one of my gravenia videos. Maybe he'll see the notification?...
Bad boy bad boy, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when he stalks on you  Very Happy

12Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Temp Server Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 am

friend6000

friend6000

I can easily maintain a non 24/7 through most of the day. It would most likely be held up from about 8 AM to 9:30 PM (I live in Europe, Portugal). I WOULD have plugins, and it's very easy to maintain. It could be a solution while we don't get a decent host Smile What do you guys think?

EDIT: We could then transfer the temp server's world to the host server Wink

13Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

friend6000 wrote:I can easily maintain a non 24/7 through most of the day. It would most likely be held up from about 8 AM to 9:30 PM (I live in Europe, Portugal). I WOULD have plugins, and it's very easy to maintain. It could be a solution while we don't get a decent host Smile What do you guys think?

EDIT: We could then transfer the temp server's world to the host server Wink
that would be epic, i hope to see this realize ver soon.

14Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Aight Sun May 22, 2016 3:38 am

friend6000

friend6000

I'll be running some tests to see if the server works. Please do tell me what plugins to get on the server. I'll install a basic warp system and a home system, maybe some more. As I mentioned, it won't be 24/7, though whenever I can I'll have it up. I'll be using a website called ATERNOS. The way this website works is it allows you to create a free server, not hosted by you, and it lets you choose a variety of options, such as version, slots, whitelist, plugins, etc. However the website got very famous so whenever I turn the server on I have to get on a half hour queue. They also have a system so that if less than two slots are being used, the server shuts itself down. The way I see it I have 2 options: either I have two cracked launchers running or 2 bots allways running. Unfortunately, having the bots would mean I need 2 launchers and the bots open, so it would be more consuming. I'll just have to make a lil' sacrifice and have the two launchers. For this reason, I'll stop the server for 5 minutes every hour, with the exception of the mournings that I'm not home. Also, the server won't be operative during weekeds, as the internet I'm limited to drops down to 63 KB/s download ON GOOD WEEKENDS. But during the week I'm fine Smile Yeah, it's really bad. And having two launchers constantly connected to a server would just hog the internet, and as you can guess I'm not the only one using it. I think I covered most of it. This seems like a viable option while we don't have our 24/7 host. Maybe, if I can get it running for long enough, we can get some players on and MAYBE some donations. From there, we can get an actual decent paid host (though a very cheap one) and with THAT one we can get even more players and even more donations. Yes, it would be very difficult to get the very first donations on the aternos host, but maybe we can. 
Here's to hoping gravenia comes back!

Edit: Jesus christ that's a long post. I'll underline the important stuff >_>

Edit nr2: I can't stop laughing. I don't know what you meant Sven, but child farm sounds like child slavery xD

Last edited by friend6000 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Long post, who would even read all that)

15Taking over the forums or not??? Empty looooool Sun May 22, 2016 4:03 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

its like a farm where children learn about farms.
and that would be great for the server, how will the payment be done??? cause the donations cant give ya /fly or /creative. 
the first donation would be hard indeed but time will show us if we succeed.
as for the plugins, essentials and griefprevention plugin are the basic ones we will need.
as for the others, idk yet. i hope for suggestions from others to, i will make a topic for it.

16Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Version Sun May 22, 2016 4:07 am

friend6000

friend6000

By the way, due to 1.9 being recent certain plugins might not work very well. I think I can install those two you mentioned, Sven, but others might be hard. We'll also be running 1.9 EXACTLY. Anything above that, even 1.9.2, might not work. This is because some important things seemed to have changed from 1.9 to 1.9.1+, and I can only find plugins with 1.9.

Last edited by friend6000 on Sun May 22, 2016 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: TESTING SERVER NOW.)

17Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Re: Taking over the forums or not??? Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

friend6000 wrote:By the way, due to 1.9 being recent certain plugins might not work very well. I think I can install those two you mentioned, Sven, but others might be hard. We'll also be running 1.9 EXACTLY. Anything above that, even 1.9.2, might not work. This is because some important things seemed to have changed from 1.9 to 1.9.1+, and I can only find plugins with 1.9.
Thats perfectly fine.

18Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Plugins Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 am

alfa_overlord(Sven)

alfa_overlord(Sven)
Admin

Lets start with those 2 and we can still ad another one if needed.

19Taking over the forums or not??? Empty Bad news Sun May 22, 2016 4:39 am

friend6000

friend6000

Server requires more than two slots: It requires for me to have all but one slots full! Ill find a way to get around this, but it'll be hard...

EDIT: I found another host. It limits me to 10 plugins (More than enough for the essentials) and also to 0.5 GB. I think Sven saw this one already, and for a tempo solution it's decent. Only problem is it seems to be hourly... I still don't quite understand what they mean by that, but I'm going to check it out. For this host I only need 1 bot online to keep server almost up Very Happy IP will be given as soon as a temp spawn is made.

Last edited by alfa_overlord(Sven) on Sun May 22, 2016 6:33 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : New host)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]